Over the years, there have been various sites that were talking about keto lunch ideas. you will then have different menus to incorporate in your diet. Which begs the question, is it the right lunch for you?
Keto diet involves the intake of a lot of fats and fewer carbohydrates. Hence this leads to a ketosis process in the body. This is the process where the fat is broken down to produce energy. Therefore most of your diet has to contain high volumes of fats.
Well, some of the lunch ideas that you find on the internet have taken shortcuts. This explains why reducing weight seems to take longer than expected. This article is going to look into each keto lunch ideas and ensure you use the best for effective weight loss.
Ketogenic Lunch Ideas
Most people still find it hard to know which foods to carry and which not when out. To help with this, here are some of the lunch menus that you can stick to. You can carry it whether going work, school, or picnic trip.
1. Ketofied Chick –Fil-A-Style Chicken
This particular diet features protein powder as the low-carb breading and pickle juice, which acts as the brine. Brining or coarse salt makes the chicken tender and gives it flavor. This should be done using pickle juice. To ensure it obtains the taste desired. Afterward, you are to fry it which to make it crispy and flavorful.
This can be served with fire and ice pickles or buffalo coleslaw. For you who cannot eat coconut flour or almond, there is the breading which ensures that you can still enjoy every bite. This is because it contains 47.6g protein, 1.68g Net Carbs, 1.68g Net Carbs, and 342.53 Calories. This is a simple process that takes a few minutes of your time, and you are good to go.
The ingredients you need to shop for are
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- One teaspoon paprika
- Two large eggs
- Two tablespoons avocado oil
- Two scoops unflavored 100% whey protein powder
- Eight medium uncooked chicken breast tenders
- 24-ounce pickle jar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
After shopping makes sure, you have all the ingredients. Go through the list and ensure nothing is missing.
- Once you have ascertained that everything is in place, put the chicken in a plastic bag/ tin. Ensure that it does not leak then later add pickle juice. This should be placed in low temperatures to marinate. We recommend that you put it in the fridge for 60 minutes to allow it to soak very well.
- Take a plate or a dish and start mixing the pepper, paprika, protein powder, grated parmesan, and salt. Stir the mixture to ensure it is evenly distributed.
- Take the eggs and break than on a different plate. Whisk the eggs for about five minutes. Then later start preheating a skillet over medium-high heat. This allows the avocado oil to heat up. Then the oil should be added. The skillet immediately begins to heat up.
- Take the chicken from the fridge and out of the tin. Bread the chicken and then dip it in the eggs and later coat with the breading mixture.
- You should then pan fry after coating it with the mixture until it turns golden brown and fully cooked. At this point, the heat should be low. We; wouldn’t want it to burn. Then afterward, you can serve and pack it while hot for your lunch.
The process has to be followed to the letter to obtain flavored chicken breast for your lunch.
2. Ketogenic Cheeseburger Kebabs
We do understand eating out can be a bit of a problem, especially when on the keto diet. This recipe makes it easier for you to grab a bit and stay within the required nutrients even when you know that you are going out.
When it comes to the food, there is no bun substitute done since there is grilling of bacon, cheeseburger patties and skewering other burger toppings. If you don’t have a grill for this particular task, that shouldn’t be a problem.
This is because you can use a stovetop to make the cheeseburger kebabs. It contains 18.45g Proteins, 303.41 Calories, 23.4g Fats, and 3.29g Net Carbs.
To prepare such a meal, you will need the following ingredients
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ head iceberg lettuce
- One teaspoon black pepper
- One teaspoon dried minced onion
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- Five slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- Six slices bacon
- Ten cherry tomatoes
- 20 slices dill pickles
There is also a dipping sauce that is needed to make the kebab
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- One tablespoon mustard
- Two tablespoons minced onion
- Two tablespoons minced dill pickles
- Two tablespoons sugar-free ketchup
- Lastly Pickle juice, that should be added to taste
The process of preparing Ketogenic Cheeseburger Kebabs as a lunch
- If you are to use the grill, then preheat it up to 375 F. You must learn how to do direct and indirect. In which direct cooking refers to preparing food over fire or source of heat. While indirect cooking is preparing a meal near a power a heat source. Before beginning, ensure that you have everything set.
- Take the grounded beef and mix it with minced onion, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt.
- Later take the beef after the mixing and round it into even balls. After you are done flatten each ball into a patty shape.
- Take a cast-iron skillet and place it over indirect heat cooking the bacon. You should not make it too crisp since it will be hard to skewer afterward.
- After you are done with cooking, put the bacon aside, and start removing the grease. The skillet should be placed over the direct. This should be done only for a few minutes and then put the skillet back over indirect heat and add the burger patties.
- The patties are supposed to be turned to ensure it cooks evenly. Then later place the skillet over direct heat and sear both sides. When turning it to the second side, you should add a slice of cheese and let it melt over each slice.
- After setting the burgers aside use large skewers to stack the lettuce, tomatoes, pickle slices, and burger patties. You should also ensure that there are two patties on each skewer.
Before serving it along kebabs, mix it with ketchup, minced onion, pickle juice, minced pickle, mustard, and mayonnaise.
3. Keto Roti John
This is another kind of lunch keto lunch idea that you should try out. This particular food refers to a sandwich that has a meat-filled omelet and prepared using butter. This specific meal can be bought in the local markets but it’s usually marinated with chili, ketchup or mayonnaise.
This meal is found mostly in Malaysia, where the locals are known to be addicted to it. This has seen most of them coming back for the Roti john from the market. It is so sweet that you must have a taste even when on the keto diet. They come in various sizes, starting from the smallest to the largest. But the size you pick depends on your appetite.
However, it is not a must that you travel to Malaysia to have a bit of the tasteful Roti John. This is because you can prepare it in the comfort of your house and still enjoy it. You don’t have to stick to one kind of protein as it can be cook with beef, lamb, or chicken. It contains 25.8g protein, 597.15 Calories, 50.94g Fats, and .27g Net Carbs.
The ingredients required for you to pull this off include the following whether using bread or sandwich
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup almond flour
- One large egg
- One tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Three tablespoons cream cheese
- ½ small onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- One teaspoon water
- One piece of butter lettuce
- One clove garlic, finely chopped
- One tablespoon coconut oil
- Two tablespoons mayonnaise
- Two tablespoons chopped green onion
- Two tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Two large eggs
- 2 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- Two tablespoons Ruled.me ketchup
- Three slices tomatoes
- Four tablespoons ground beef
- Five slices cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
The preparation of keto roti john diet
- At this point, you should heat the oven to 400F. Making a dough that will take you around 10 to 15 minutes. Afterward, shape the dough and divide it into two similar shapes and bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- As the dough is being baked start melting the coconut oil and preparing the beef. The melting of coconut oil should be done in a pan. Later you are to pan-fry diced onion until they are translucent and add chopped garlic. Ensure that the garlic sautés as well.
- The beef should be seasoned with pepper and salt to give it the desired flavor. Afterward, you are to add the meat into a mixture of water and curry powder that has been cooked for 2 minutes tops.
- Once the oven hits 35 or 45, remove the bun and place them aside to cool off. After they have cooled slice the two but not wholly, the slicing should be done horizontally.
- Once the slicing has been done spread about ½ tablespoon of unsalted butter on both buns, then toast the buttered side on a pan until it becomes golden brown.
- Break the eggs and mix with half of the cooked beef. Add one tablespoon of the cilantro and green onion and then season with pepper and salt. You should ensure that they are mixed correctly. You are also to melt one tablespoon of butter and add to the omelet mixture. The omelet should be covered with a bun immediately so that it does not dry up. The bun is then turned once the omelet is cooked to allow the bun to be toasted.
- Once the bun has been toasted perfectly, it is ready to be saved. You can get then from it from the pan and spread the sauce onto the omelet. You may as well choose to add tomatoes, lettuce or even cucumber to it to make it tasteful.
4. Keto mixed Green Spring salad
When it comes to salad, it is something that you can take anytime of the day. Especially during lunch to eat light and be able to maintain the level of energy required by the body. To some, the salad is meant for people who are on diets. However, this is not the case since it can also be eaten by anyone and still obtains the required nutrients.
A salad is usually a quick fix, and you can take only a few minutes to prepare it. Plus it is a cheap keto lunch idea that you must try out. Plus it contains the right amounts of fats needed when on ketogenic foods.
There is the use of raspberry vinaigrette really, which gives the salad a unique taste. There are also roasted pine nuts and crispy bacon that will make your taste buds dance. Finally, the parmesan provides the salad with a salty taste. This particular dish contains 13.87g protein, 393 Calories, 36.11g Fats, and 4.27g Net Carbs.
The ingredients needed for the salad
- Two slices of bacon
- 2 ounces mixed greens
- Two tablespoons shaved Parmesan
- Two tablespoons 5 Minute Keto Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Three tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare the dish
- You are to cook the bacon in a pan until it’s nice and crisp.
- After you have established that the bacon is crisp add to the salad with the rest of the ingredients.
- Ensure that you mix the salad perfectly before serving it.
Keto Lunch Ideas: Conclusion
When it comes to a keto diet, there are different menus and dishes that you could take. However, we suggest that you consult a doctor before embarking on such a diet. He or she will be able to advise you on the perfect keto lunch ideas.