How many women do you know who have tried out the keto diet? Have you tried out the keto diet yourself? This has been a diet that has been embraced by very many people in society today. It has become very widespread primarily because of the drastic change in lifestyle that people have taken in it and the astounding weight loss.
Have you ever been at a point in life where you have issues with the digestion of fats and glucose in the body? This is one of the problems that result in diabetes. Some of it comes because of the lifestyle that they are used to while to others it is a propagation of the history of the disease that is in their blood. The keto diet is aimed to try and combat such issues that arises.
Such people are often advised to try out dieting with the most common one being the ketogenic diet. It is one that gets the users to concentrate more on foods that are rich in natural fats and lower carbohydrates. The reduced levels carbohydrates also reduce the amount of insulin that the body will be producing after they have been digested. The diet works based on the ketosis process.
This is where the fats get digested to provide energy for the body, unlike the usual means where the organization works on the carbohydrates to provide power for the organization. It, therefore, leads to a reduced need for carbohydrates in the body. Instead, the fats that have been kept in the body in most cases are the one that keeps getting used.
When the process is initiated, the body begins to burn the extra fat to produce energy. The keto is later turned into ketones in the liver. This then supplies power to the brain, which then gets to a point where it can function effectively. It may end up being overtaken by the power of the energy that is presented by the other forms of carbohydrates in the body.
Keto diet is the perfect way for you to lose the extra fat and love handlers that most people usually look at if they won’t know they have gained weight. More so if you have hit the gym and the result are still the same. Then it is high time you start on this kind of diet. It is relatively painless, fast and effective.
It should be noted that the diet has a different impact on both the male and the female. The difference may not be very big, but the fact remains that many of them try it out because of the specific benefits it gives their gender.
Keto Diet for Women
As I have said, the effect of the diet varies depending on gender. However, there are some general benefits that you will expect to see from anyone who decides to start on the diet. We will look more in-depth on the effect it has on the women because it has been highly noted that they are the majority of the people who try out this diet.
As a woman it is important that you look into this very carefully because I will greatly help you in understanding the limits that are made out because of the hormonal differences that you have compared to others. Going though this article will not only give you a better stand but it will also help you handle this diet wisely and more prepared.
Groups of women who are not allowed to try out the keto diet.
There is, however, a side-track when it comes to the keto diet on women. What most people do not realize is that unlike men, there are a set of ladies who are not supposed to be using the keto diet for any reason. Some would defend themselves and say that it is the doctor’s orders, but even practitioners are well aware of the adverse effects that the keto diet will have on them.
These group of people need to be warned because trying to take on the diet when you fall into one of these categories will expose you to dangers that may even lead to you losing your life. One of the reasons why it is essential to know the health status of your body before starting on this diet is necessary to ensure you are, not a risk.
Such people are like this are:
- Pregnant women
- Lactating mothers
- If they have just come out of delivery
- If the lady has only been from a surgical procedure.
- If they are on any prescribed drugs like anti-depressants or antihistamines
- If the lady has thyroid issues
The effects that the keto diet has on women.
According to various studies, some of the effects that were noticed from the women who tried this out were significant. It, however, varied because of the different lifestyles and genes that the women had. It is, however, a study that is still being conducted by many people. They are still trying to prove the extent which the keto diet can go in affecting our body.
Most people have an issue when it comes to gauging the effects that this diet will have on them. Some of them have resolved in thinking that it can be only of physical benefits with the reduced weight and the healthy living lifestyle that it gives the people who require it. What they don’t know is that it has more effect on their psychological development than the physical.
Some of the noted effects were like
- Extreme fatigue cases, especially if they are working mothers.
- The increased estrogen that affects the thyroid, which is the driving force of the metabolism levels in the body.
- Improved blood sugar control
- Reduced menopause symptoms like night sweats
- It is an anti-ageing practice by reducing mass wasting
- Reduced levels of carbs lead to changes in the serotine, estrogen and insulin levels that eventually lead to gaining of weight
- It causes an increase in the cortisol hormone, which is responsible for generating increased stress in the body. The cease eventual cortisol causes the estrogen levels to heighten, which leads to acne missed periods or even chances of them getting endometriosis or even PCOS.
- The body may end getting insulin resistance because of the shifts in the levels in the body. This small factor ends up leading the organization to develop pre-diabetic issues.
An actual keto diet plan for the women
This diet is one that has been worked on for years by different researchers trying out some of the best was to get the person who is using this diet to benefit from it. If you have such an idea in mind, you will then notice the best way to kick-start it off is by having a defined plan. This is one which will help you keep on toes and have a direction when it comes to this diet.
There isn’t any defined plan in which the women can make use of the keto diet. It will all depend on the individual. However, you should note a guideline will always be welcomed at any time. Any of the people who decide to involve a doctor or a health specialist will tell you that the best instructions that you can take is usually concerning the health status and the financial ability that you have at that time.
Most of the plans that are being used today keep revolving around the following list of guidelines
- The diet should go for at least 6 months before you give up or decide to take a slight break. This is to allow the health benefits of the diet to start taking effect on your body. Less than that will just be taking your body for a joy ride that may end up causing more damage than good to you like a lady.
- Ensure you are at an alkaline pH level in your body before you begin the diet. A changed pH level will make a change in the body to be slightly harsher than usual. Women have a very tricky body molecular weight that makes the organization have a significant move when it comes to differences in things like diet.
- Maintain an alkaline diet which will help in maintaining the alkaline levels in the blood like fruits and vegetables. The foods that are advised by the keto specialist are usually ones that are more alkaline than acidic. That why it is easier for one to handle the side effects. Drugs and other medicines tend to raise the acidity levels of the body. This is one of the reasons why it is advised that you are not on medication when you take this diet.
- Ensure most of your meals are slightly cooked. It is preferred you work on raw foods or lightly steamed ones. The type of meals also ensures that the nutrients that are in the foods have not been depleted or lost as they usually are. Heating has a way of making the components to suffer its effects. That is why it is not recommended.
- Try out the intermittent fasting that ensures that your body gets at last 13-15 hours of no food to allow the boy to work on the nutrients already in the body instead of concentrating on digesting of the foods. Also, enable the body to clean out most of the dirt and impurities that have accumulated during the day as you are having your different meals.
- Give yourself enough resting time at night with at least 7 hours of recommended shut down. Rest is very vital for your body. Allowing your body to get enough rest makes it be able to handle the energy that has accumulated during the night.
- Learn some of you stress boosters and ensure that you find the best way to deal with them effectively. Stress is known to cancel out the benefits that the keto diet usually has. Once you find a way in which you can handle the stress factors in your life, you will have made an enormous step. This goes a long way in ensuring that the benefits that you get from the diet are fully-fledged.
- Take a lot of fiber and water-filled foods that are aimed to prevent you from having constipation. The keto diet limits the varieties of foods that you could eat. This means that the body will be prone to illness if you are not careful.
- Learn to listen to your body and take note of every single change that happens in your body while you are taking this diet. Our bodies can relate what they are feeling. It is, therefore, essential that you take time and listen to your body.
- Be willing to make any changes or stop taking the diet when you realize that the effects of the diet are not favorable to you and your body. This is usually a sign of maturity and self-control to allow you to decide to change even when you know that you might be over-reacting.
The keto diet is one that has been opted by many people over the years because of its ability to bring the body down to a healthy level. Unlike the other diets that are aimed to lose weight and maintain a healthy BMI, keto dieting it is all about handling the metabolism of the body. Most women usually decide to try it out because the increased levels of estrogen that we get very often force us to gobble down foods that may not be entirely healthy for us. There are groups of women who can keep to a healthy eating habit year-in-year-out, but we all know that that is like 10 % of the general population. Therefore the keto diet may not be entirely proper, especially to the women, but the good outweighs the bad. Keto diet plan is consequently something the women should highly appreciate.